- The newly launched Van Fuel Advisor (EV4me) tool supports businesses in selecting the engine type best suited to their working requirements
- The tool enables businesses to compare annual costs and indicative emissions of combustion engine, plug-in hybrid and fully electric vehicles
- The Van Fuel Advisor recommends the most appropriate Volkswagen models for businesses, according to their driving practices
- Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ diverse model range now offers combustion engine, plug-in hybrid and fully electric vehicles
Milton Keynes, UK, 14 March 2023 – Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has launched a new digital tool, Van Fuel Advisor (EV4me), to help business owners determine whether combustion engine or electrified vehicles best suit their business’ requirements.
With an ever-expanding selection of electrified vans on the market, as well as potential taxation and total cost of ownership benefits, businesses are increasingly making the switch to electric vehicles, which now represent one in every 22 vans joining UK roads*. Weighing up whether an electric van would suit a company can, however, be difficult.
Simplifying the decision-making process through a series of quick-fire questions, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ new Van Fuel Advisor (EV4me) helps businesses decide whether an electric vehicle could be appropriate for them**.
Taking into account factors including distance covered on a typical working day and access to charging facilities, the tool forms an impression of the business’ driving requirements.
The suggestions allow businesses to compare annual costs and indicative emissions of plug-in hybrids and combustion engine vehicles with fully-electric models, as well as available government grants that further support businesses to go electric. Covering price of fuel, servicing, congestion charges and Vehicle Excise Duty, the annual cost estimate acts as a guide for the potential savings to be made in everyday running costs by going electric.
Based on the business’ requirements, the Van Fuel Advisor tool also suggests the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles models that match their driving preferences. With the manufacturer’s diverse range offering combustion engine, plug-in hybrid and fully electric models, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has a practical solution for almost any business – whether they’re ready to make the switch to electric vehicles or not.
- The all-new ID. Buzz Cargo is the manufacturer’s first fully electric van, offering an impressive range of 256 miles***, space and carrying capacity, while being one of the world’s most sustainable model lines.
- The all-electric ID. Buzz is a multifunctional passenger vehicle, convenient for everyday use and able to navigate city and country driving alike, thanks to its small turning circle of 11.1 metres. The five-seater provides plenty of legroom – even with all passengers on board – thanks to a re-developed interior, offering a capacity of up to 1,121 litres.
- The Multivan – now available as a plug-in hybrid – allows businesses to drive in electric mode with no local CO2 emissions for up to 30 miles****, while providing the flexibility to enjoy longer journeys.
- Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ award-winning range of combustion engine vehicles includes the Crafter, with best-in-class loadability; the Transporter, which acts as the benchmark for panel vans with innovative safety features; and the Caddy Cargo – an impressively spacious van on a compact platform.
From establishing a business’ preferences to making comparisons and recommending an appropriate vehicle, the new digital tool provides business owners with support in making suitable decisions for their fleet. Customers can also find further support and information on Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ product offering in any of the manufacturer’s network of over 60 UK Van Centres.
Craig Cavanagh, National Fleet Manager at Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, said: “Choosing whether to electrify a fleet can be a daunting process for any business and, with the added considerations of range, purchasing and running costs, it can be difficult to know which of the available options is most suitable.
“As part of our Working With You promise, we’re committed to making life easier by helping business owners choose the right vehicles for their business. This new tool provides suggestions tailored to their driving requirements, removing some of these uncertainties to give business owners peace of mind.”
To use the Van Fuel Advisor Tool, visit:
More information on the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles range can be found here: